Facebook


Find us on Facebook!

To keep updated like our page at:

Or on Twitter:
@MusipediaOMetal

Or E-mail us at:
musipediaofmetal@gmail.com

Monday 5 August 2019

The Spotlight: BOA Interview With Tomorrow Is Lost (Paul H)

Introducing Tomorrow is Lost, winners of the Newcastle M2TM. The band took time to answer our questions. Here’s what they said to us.

Paul: Let’s start with a brief history of the band

Josh: I'm not too sure on how the band formed, I know they have been around for maybe 2 or so years, I only joined a few months ago, I did however, almost join the band a year ago but it didn't happen, so it's definitely destiny that I play bass in this band!

Joe Mac: Cass and I were previously in another band together that didn’t work out, so we set about forming a new one and found the original bassist and drummer through adverts. We then welcomed in another guitarist, Ryan. We had a few line-up changes and finally settled with the current one. We have been together around about two and a half years.

Ryan: I’ve been in the band for two years now. They had formed a few months before I joined, Joe needed some help!

Paul: Who is the current line up?

The current line-up is:

Cass King - Vocals
Joe Mac - Guitar
Ryan O’Hara - Guitar
Josh Fodden - Bass
Marc Rush - Drums

Paul: Describe the band’s sound and influences
Joe Mac: The band is a mix of influences in my eyes because we all have such different musical tastes and we sort of bring it in as one, but some of them are Iron Maiden, Dio, My Chemical Romance, Rammstein and Pearl jam to name a few. I don’t like to put a name to it to be honest, I’ll let other people decide what we sound like and our genre because no two songs are the same, yet they have a particular sound.

Ryan: For me the band’s sound overall is heavily influenced by the guitars of iron maiden and Thin Lizzy but there are bits of the entire band in each song we write. Cass’ vocals (to me anyway) have a bit of Lzzy hale, Janis Joplin and God knows what else in there......She scares me sometimes.

Josh: All the members of the band have different inspirations, we have some that are similar, and then some that are totally different, with me for example, I'm a huge fan of The Beatles and The White Stripes. We are all huge fans of metal, rock and music in general, so I think we are constantly being inspired by different bands all the time.
Paul: Prior to Bloodstock, what are some of the highlights for the band so far?

Ryan: As a band I think a couple of highlights have been playing the 02 academy with inglorious, and supporting Skindred in Newcastle.
Joe Mac: Aye, supporting Skindred, Playing at Call of The Wild festival, and Supporting Inglorious.

Josh: My personal highlights have got to be, my first show with the band, which was a headline show in London, it was awesome, and then when we played with one of my favourite bands of all time, Icon For Hire

Paul: Let’s move on to Bloodstock and your road to the festival. Please tell us about your journey

Joe Mac: Well we entered to see how far we would get: we didn’t think we would get past the first round because we didn’t think we were considered ‘heavy’ enough, but we were over the moon that we got through. The next round was a pretty similar feeling that we weren’t going to get through to the final, I don’t know why it’s just a feeling you get in the pit of your stomach. Playing the final was a nerve wrecking experience I think it’s the pressure of competition that puts you so on edge, but it’s a very exciting feeling at the same time and I know that we all enjoyed every second of being in the competition.

Ryan: Man.....that was a bit nuts to be honest. Like Joe said we didn’t think we would get too far, but we approached like we do every show, full on, give it everything we have and let the crowd decide if they enjoy what we have to offer. Winning the thing was amazing for us, a huge confidence boost and as a band we are absolutely thrilled to be heading to BLOODSTOCK!!!!!!

Josh: I can't answer this question well since I wasn't in the band, but I was in another band before joining TIL, then when I joined the band, I was constantly learning all of the songs, and helping writing new songs and getting ready for shows so I could hit the metaphorical ground running y’know?

Paul: What about when you were announced as winners? What were the emotions like?

Ryan: I think we were all shocked about the win at first as we had our doubts. But when the bloodstock guys pulled us for a chat and told us the reason for us winning; we were very pleased with ourselves.

Joe Mac: It was amazing, disbelief at first haha! but no it was a great feeling and all the other bands were dead canny and it was just a great experience.

Josh: Pure shock, confusion and denial honestly haha! Obviously, I wanted TIL to win, but I really thought rather Nephilim or Rituals would have won because they were mind blowing!

Paul: So, moving on to the festival itself, what can we expect from you?

Joe: Well I think you’ll get to see some brand-new songs and a range of heavy to soft songs with big riffs and amazing vocals, very melodic and one heck of a show.

Josh: A fucking awesome show! New material and something that is new, original and refreshing!

Ryan: A very loud and energy packed set most definitely, there will be a little something for everyone.

Paul: Which bands are you looking forward to seeing there?

Ryan: Anthrax Anthrax Anthrax. And Anthrax

Josh: Obviously all of them, however, I really love Cancer Bat's, Parkway Drive and Children of Bodom, so probably any of them.

Joe Mac: Anthrax, Scorpions and Queensryche

Paul: Have you been to Bloodstock before?

Joe Mac: No, I haven’t

Ryan: No unfortunately. Other things have gotten in the way the last couple of years, mainly us being out gigging to be fair.

Josh: ALMOST made it three times..........There might be a story there........

Paul: And finally, tell us a guilty pleasure about each member of the band!

Josh: I honestly can't think of guilty pleasures for the other guys, so I'll make up so I'll try make up for it with my answer, I really love bad TV, I watch all and get invested in all of the worst things, like Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Desperate Housewives, River Dale and Love Island, don't tell the other guys though, they might not approve haha!

Ryan: Joe is kinda bendy and sucks his own Toes when he thinks nobody can see him …

A good point in which to conclude this interview, I think. Big thanks to Tomorrow is Lost. I’m looking forward to seeing them on Friday at BOA

No comments:

Post a Comment