Facebook


Find us on Facebook!

To keep updated like our page at:

Or on Twitter:
@MusipediaOMetal

Or E-mail us at:
musipediaofmetal@gmail.com

Sunday 17 September 2017

The Spotlight: Interview With Angel Vivaldi (Interview By Matt)

Guitarists Andy James and Angel Vivaldi head out on a tour together around the country. They stop at Clwb Ifor Bach on 21st September 2017. We spoke to Angel Vivaldi about the tour and other things.

MoM: Hi guys Matt here from the Musipedia Of Metal. We’re heading to your gig at Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff, which is the first date on the tour. What can expect from the show?

Angel: I think fans are really going to enjoy this tour and leave very inspired. I’m going to be performing brand new material off of (New album) Synapse for the first time, so that will definitely be something very special. Andy and I will also be doing a song together which I’m sure many fans are looking forward to.

MoM: Have you guys ever played together in the past? Are we going to see any clashing of egos?

Angel: We recently had a few opportunities to play and jam out together. Our newest music video collaboration is a good example of our energies and how well we compliment each other. Andy and I are good friends and respect each other, so I highly doubt there will be any of that. We both just do our thing and help to support one another in our efforts.

MoM: You are both known as ‘shredders’ what do you think of that tag?

Angel: I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't subscribe to the stigma attached with that label. Many associate it with a particular lack of emotion, but what people don't understand is that shredding (when done in moderation), can provide much more emotion. The reason why is because a guitarist had to dedicate years of hard work and discipline in order to paint with "teal," or "crimson." Those colors just don't come from standard guitar players. We can go beyond.

MoM:
Both of you guys are incredible players, you’ve both toured a lot as solo instrumental artists with some band experience. Which do you prefer solo or playing within a band?

Angel: I certainly prefer being a solo artist. I am very strong in my vision for my art and also how I handle the business aspect of said art. I do, however, very much enjoy collaborating with other like minds and also learning from them. My time with 40 below summer and Vext both proved very beneficial for my development as an artist and sound businessman.

MoM:
Angel you have numerous philanthropy projects as a parallel to your music career as well as staunchly supportive of the LGBT+ community. Is there anything you are working toward now or anything else you wish to do or achieve outside of musical sphere?

Angel: I’m always working on different causes behind the scenes as it’s less about my ego/people knowing and much more about helping people. I’m currently working to develop a Youtube segment which is focused more on environmental awareness and different things people and musicians can start doing to shape their lifestyles for the betterment of our world. The music industry has a very large responsibility to our environment with so many artists constantly touring, polluting our planet and consuming much more than is needed. Hoping to launch once this album cycle becomes less time consuming.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions

No comments:

Post a Comment