Facebook


Find us on Facebook!

To keep updated like our page at:

Or on Twitter:
@MusipediaOMetal

Or E-mail us at:
musipediaofmetal@gmail.com

Saturday, 3 October 2026

A View From Across The Pond: W.A.S.P & KK's Priest (Rich Piva)

W.A.S.P & KK’s Priest, Peabody Auditorium, Daytona Beach, FL, 23.09.26



I don’t get a ton of cool shows that are an hour or less of a drive away for me, so when WASP announced a “hits” tour in Daytona, with KK’s Priest no less, the 70 minute trek up 95 was going to happen. It’s not that I have ever loved W.A.S.P; they have always been a band I enjoyed, but nothing in their discography is ever going to be on my top lists, but the hits are the hits, and the band at this point has legend status, so yeah, I am going (thanks to the boss for making this happen).

I am way more of a Priest than W.A.S.P fan, normally Judas, but KK’s will work in this case just fine. K.K. Downing can still rip it up, as evident during the hour-long set, consisting of two thirds classic Priest and the rest some KK’s Priest (7) originals. The band was tight, I have never seen Ripper live and he sounded great, and of course, KK. 

Who is not going to love opening the set with You've Got Another Thing Comin'-Breaking The Law-Living After Midnight? I have not spent enough time with the original KK’s Priest stuff, but when you start that way, then go into the trio of Beyond The Realms Of Death-The Sentinel-Victim Of Changes what more could you ask for. This was a fun set and had the potential to overshadow the W.A.S.P set that I have heard whispers about. Fun times.

The W.A.S.P (7) show was way better than I expected. I heard things on past tours about lip syncing, backing tracks, political and religious rants, but this show was straight up “play the hits Blackie”, with only the Jesus-y song Golgotha as part of the encore that even hinted towards anything like that. The set was fun, and for a more casual fan you certainly heard all the ones you would want to. 

I have always loved their cover of The Real Me, and it was cool hearing live, as well as the biggies like Wild Child and I Wanna Be Somebody. The band sounded great, Blackie almost too great, but hey, what more can you ask for at this point. The stage show with the three screens worked as well as the usual Blackie set up. My favorite part of the set was the aforementioned The Real Me into The Headless Children, another track I have always loved.

Overall a fun and entertaining show. The venue is one I have not been to before, and the sound was a tad muffled, but I would certainly go back and check out other shows there, even if this old ass didn’t get home until after midnight. Livin’ after indeed. With the time and the trip to see these legendary performers for what may be the last time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.